04-090805 – MGG quick stain / 100 test
Product for the preparation of cyto-histological samples for optical microscopy.
Quick method for differential staining of formed blood elements. It can also be used to stain other types of air-dried smears
(sediment smears, needle aspirates). The resulting staining can be compared to traditional May Grunwald-Giemsa method.
Solutions in this kit contain the same dye as traditional May Grunwald and Giemsa solutions. Thanks to their high degree of
dissociation, active molecules (eosin and thiazine dyes) can be absorbed by cellular structures very quickly.
– It is important to immerse and extract specimen as requested in the method. A continuous permanence in the solution does
not guarantee good staining results.
– If the final staining shows unbalance between eosinophil and basophil components it is necessary to verify pH of washing water.
If this value is very different from neutrality – pH 7 – we advise to use a buffer (ex. phosphate buffer pH 7 Bio-Optica) or distilled
1) Dry the smear in the air.
2) Immerse the slide 5 times for 1 second each in solution A. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
3) Immerse the slide 5 times for 1 second in solution B. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
4) Immerse the slide 3-5 times for 1 second in solution C. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
5) Wash in tap water.
6) Dry the slide in the air (do not use heat sources such as oven, etc.…).